Network and Systems Administrator
The Network and Systems Administrator position is responsible for the protection, management, development and supervision of the company’s critical technology infrastructure including information, systems, website, and technology assets to support and align with the company’s business objectives. This position is responsible for installing and maintaining the company’s computer networks, the day-to-day installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of computer equipment and infrastructure hardware and software. Clean, modify and repair computer hardware including servers, workstations, monitors, keyboard and printers. This position will require interaction with users and other IT department members. This person should be capable of coaching and mentoring people on the use of technology. Duties include hardware support for PC, server, voice, and network products and other duties as assigned
- Perform analysis of network needs and contributes to design of network architecture, integration and installation.
- Perform server administration tasks including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, log warnings and errors, and system architecture monitoring and optimization.
- Maintain technology infrastructure requirements including laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, internet, LANs, conferencing systems and WANs.
- Provide internal website support including, Front and Back-End Development, Debugging, Plug-Ins and Themes, and Performance Monitoring.
- Maintain, perform, and monitor system performance, routine audits and backups.
- Develop a solid understanding of all core Fourth Shift modules including, but not limited to, Finance (A/P, A/R, and General Ledger), Purchasing, Order Processing, Distribution, Inventory Control, and Manufacturing.
- Provide help desk support for various desktop computer software applications, including but not limited to Fourth Shift, Microsoft Office, Citrix, and proprietary software
- Provide LAN networking support for a multi-platform environment;
- Coordinate with other departments in order to understand and meet their requirements.
- Evaluate network hardware and software requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations.
- Work with consultants to ensure that the computer system platform provides sufficient computing resources to deliver the desired level of business performance.
- Support and maintains the Citrix and Terminal Services environments;
- Administer the Mitel VOIP phone system;
- Assist with developing written procedural documentation, manuals, and training materials;
- Develop new systems to assist with the continued growth of the company
- Perform other duties and assignments as requested
Equipment / Tools Used
- Printers & Copy machines
- Microsoft Office
- Personal protective equipment
- Professional corporate office
- Fast paced
- 24/7 Availability
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, computer science or system administration or equivalent experience required
- Minimum two years applicable work experience in Information Technology field
- A complete understanding of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office suite products and backup procedures
- Understanding of LAN, WAN, VPN, etc
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes some travel, night and weekend hours as needed
- Basic understanding of ERP systems will be helpful
- Willingness to learn proprietary software
- Must be self-motivated, and show initiative, follow-thru, good judgment and attention to detail
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills
- Professional appearance with prompt arrival and regular attendance at work
- Basic understanding of business and manufacturing processes
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment and willing to help out in other areas as requested
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Proficient in use of Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports