Designs, develops, and maintains new and existing products and directs the building and testing of prototypes. This position works with Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Sales regarding ideas, drawings, and products, as well as external contacts with customers and vendors in the development of designs, to resolve problems and to provide prototypes.
- Design and document new products.
- Demonstrate design creativity.
- Create/ modify new and existing engineering prints.
- Apply sound engineering practice to the design and development of new products using industry recognized and company standards.
- Have a working knowledge of engineering materials.
- Ability and knowledge to operate Finite Analysis software.
- Assist with technical writing.
- Responsible for a product or group of products from inception to shipment in all facets of design/ manufacturing including training associates.
- Plan and direct the construction of prototypes to meet customer and internal requirements.
- Establish testing requirements, develop and coordinate the testing of prototypes to verify product reliability.
- Represent the company at functions and gatherings.
- Interact and correspond with customers and dealers.
- Collaborate with other team associates while simultaneously developing/ maintaining a team environment
- Act as a resource for other department personnel.
- Perform other duties and assignments as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related area
- Minimum of 1-5 years of experience in manufacturing or engineering
- Creative design capabilities
- Advanced math and reading skills
- Ability to read blue prints
- Knowledge or ability to acquire the knowledge of operation of machines in welding, machining, fabrication, assembly and some electrical work
- Must possess, or have the ability, to develop knowledge of company’s products and competitors’ products
- Pleasant and cooperative with co-workers and customers
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule
- Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, stooping and kneeling
- Subject to dust, dirt, and grease conditions
- Mechanical design skills
- CAD experience
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Some travel required
- Valid driver’s license
Full benefit package available including:
• Competitive Wages
• Vacation Accrual Starts Immediately
Full Benefits After 60 Days
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Company Paid Life Insurance
• Paid Uniforms
• Gym Membership Discount/Reimbursement
• Paid Holidays