Regional Sales Manager – Midwest
Responsible for driving growth at the dealer level in all associated markets. Plan effective and efficient travel throughout the territory to develop key relationships to grow all product lines. Work with distributor representatives, owners, and any related dealer personnel. This position is expected to make a quick impact on the territory and lead to high levels of sales growth.
- Cultivate prospective accounts, develop new business, and increase sales for existing accounts.
- Maintain displays and POP materials at the dealer level.
- Responsible for proactively calling and visiting potential and current dealers to further increase our customer base and sales of our product lines.
- Track opportunities throughout the year as well as opportunities specific to distributor shows and various industry events.
- Work with the inside sales team to cultivate and close business.
- Responsible for keeping knowledge level – both technical and sales – current to effectively service our dealers and distributors.
- Stay up-to-date on competitor products and sales strategies.
- Analyze territory sales and accurately project new product sales numbers.
- Attend shows, dealer open house and any corporate events as necessary.
- Work with the customer care and training teams to pass off any product issues to resolve.
- Responsible for completing a Corrective Action Report on field issues when necessary.
- Track and account for no charge items.
- Submit visit and call records after each interaction.
- Update account records in CRM to note any account changes, contact changes and add opportunities and leads.
- Responsible for filling out expense reports weekly.
- Collaborate with other teams at Blue Ox as needed.
- Tow various bumper pull and 5th wheel trailers as needed for training.
- Perform other duties and assignments as requested.
Equipment / Tools Used
- Microsoft Surface Tablet
- Cell Phone
- Company Vehicle
- Various product installation and display assembly tools
- CRM System
- High School diploma required
- Two-year college or technical degree preferred
- Advanced math and reading skills and excellent driving record
- Must possess, or can develop knowledge of products manufactured
- Must possess superb verbal and listening skills and good decision-making abilities
- Professional appearance and conduct
- Must be self-motivated and goal oriented
- Ability to work under pressure while still being pleasant and cooperative with co-workers and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to effectively work remote while staying on task
- Weekly Travel is a requirement of this position, up to 70%
- Must be able to work weekends as required/needed
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Insurance Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Life/Ad&D)
- 401(k) plan
- Holiday/Birthday Pay
- Gym Reimbursement
- Company Truck/Laptop/Cell Phone/WiFi/Credit Card